Collections and Foreclosures
Our creditors’ rights attorneys understand that successful commercial collections are the result of expeditious processing systems, a keen sense of the likelihood of recovery and an ability to apply pressure to debtors to result in our clients being paid ahead of others. Because our attorneys have experience representing both successful and financially stressed businesses and business owners, they understand how businesses operate and they use this knowledge and experience to maximize recoveries for their lender clients.
Our attorneys understand state garnishment laws, real estate foreclosure processes and remedies, the Federal Bankruptcy Code and the Uniform Commercial Code. A thorough understanding of these laws and procedures allows our attorneys to repossess and protect our clients’ collateral, apply pressure to a debtor when necessary, or when the situation calls for it, to work cooperatively with a troubled business to develop work-out plans that result in a greater recovery for the lender than “scorched earth” litigation.
The attorneys at Maselli Warren, P.C. represent national financial institutions, community banks, commercial landlords and small to medium-sized businesses in all areas of commercial litigation, bankruptcy proceedings and transactional work-outs including, but not limited to:
- Collection actions
- Workouts and restructurings
- Loan Sale Transactions
- Loan Origination Closings
- Defense of lender liability claims
- Enforcement of landlords’ rights
- Bankruptcy litigation and appeals, including relief from the automatic stay, contested plan confirmations, cash collateral proceedings, preference litigation, fraudulent transfer litigation, cram down plans and adversary proceedings related to the extent, priority and validity of liens.